New Years Eve Cocktail, for One or for Many.
Updated: Jan 28
This New Years Eve may look very different from those of the past. But even so, every celebration could use a signature drink.
In collaboration with Ace Mixology, a premiere mixology company based in NYC, we went live on Instagram to learn how to make a delicious cocktail at home. With the help of lead mixologist Brandon, we put together a fresh and simple Mango Mojito. Here is what you need.
· Three or Four Fresh Mint Leaves
· One ounce of Fresh Lime Juice
· One ounce of Fresh Mango Puree (or your favorite fruit puree)
· One ounce of Agave Syrup
· Two ounces of Vodka
During this lesson, Brandon explained to us that the perfect cocktail isn’t created by simply throwing ingredients together and serving. There is a process involved.
· Step 1: In a cocktail shaker (or mason jar), combine the fresh mint and lime juice. Using a muddler (or if at home, a knife), press the mint leaves into the lime juice until fragrant and well combined.
· Step 2: Add ice to your shaker. Then, add in the mango puree, agave and vodka. Shake vigorously until well combined.
· Step 3: Serve your cocktail in any glass you like, ice included. Salut!
There are so many great things about this recipe. First off, the ingredients are easy to find. You may even have them in your pantry and fridge already! Secondly, the recipe is extremely versatile. If you don’t love mango, edit the recipe to include whatever fruit flavor you like. Recommendations include kiwi puree, pineapple puree, pear puree… the possibilities are endless. In order to create the puree at home, simply combine some of the fresh fruit and water in a blender and blend until smooth.
Whether you are celebrating the New Year alone this year or with some friends, there is always time for a fun cocktail. Try this one out and let us know what you think!